- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA
- Full Time
The Senior Accountant with Homes for Heroes is responsible for overseeing the company's accounting function. Specifically, overseeing the receivables and payables, recording all sale transactions, processing subscription payments, preparing and reporting on monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, managing the performance of the Payments and Accounting Assistants, working with, and assisting the Advisory Board, and taking personal ownership in the accuracy of data and quality of service provided by the accounting department.
Homes for Heroes mission is to provide extraordinary savings to heroes who provide extraordinary services to our nation and it's communities every single day.
- Process and balance daily sale transactions and balance deposits
- Administer accounts receivable: invoice customers, oversee collections, provide aging summaries, prepare write offs and refunds
- Administer accounts payable: maintain vendor files, process vendor invoices and issue vendor payments
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements and accounts
- Calculate and prepare month-end journal entries for prepaid expenses, depreciation, deferred revenue, and expense accruals
- Track merchandise inventory and account for purchases, sales, and valuation
- Enter customer transaction data into spreadsheets and track key metrics
- Perform other duties as directed
- Have an excellent understanding of Accounting principles and the Accrual basis of accounting.
- Have significant experience working with QuickBooks, e-commerce payment platforms, and other e-accounting tools
- Proven track-record managing a team
- Self-driven and resourceful with ability to multi-task effectively
- Highly-attentive to details with strong communication and organization skills
- Bachelor's degree or greater, or the equivalent experience