- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
In alignment with the company's vision, mission, and key business objectives, the Inside Sales Manager will lead the inside sales/territory management team in generating new business and managing the performance and health of their territories. This position is responsible for creating and driving strategy, leading the sales team to achieve results, and ensuring the quality of service lines up with Homes for Heroes' high customer standards and values.
The Inside Sales Manager is a results-oriented, revenue-focused individual who can coach, lead and manage a sales team to success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create the business development strategy and detailed plans to ensure attainment of company goals. Meet and/or exceed assigned performance and revenue targets.
- Demonstrate effective leadership by assisting the sales team in the development and management of their territories, as well as identifying training needs, ensuring each employee has the knowledge, skills, abilities, and tools necessary to achieve success.
- Provide regular communication and follow up to ensure that team and other company employees are informed of all new information related to sales related issues, changes or actions.
- Create and maintain a healthy workplace culture, and model and reinforce the appropriate job-related behaviors that enable team and customer success.
- Monitor, track, and report on customer activity, territory performance, and revenue trends. Use data to make effective decisions and implement change.
- Be a magnet for talent. Continually be on the lookout to recruit and hire great people to the team. Develop and maintain consistent recruiting, onboarding, and talent management strategies.
- Propose appropriate budgets in accordance with company parameters and business objectives. Manage team activities to meet budget guidelines.
- Partner with other departments and work together as a unified team to promote affiliate success and satisfaction.
Education and Expereince:
- At least five (5) years job-related experience in leading sales team with a proven track record of consistent revenue growth.
- Track record of successfully managing a business with a variety of client needs and expectations in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Proven record of coaching for results.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, problem management, and prioritization skills, including the ability to make valid conclusions from assessing operational and financial data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills to work effectively with customers, peers, and management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.